Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> Brent Clark wrote:
>
>> Im running Exim 4.69-6 (debian testing).
>
> If not THE problem it certainly will be A problem. Running Debian
> testing on an email server is asking for trouble, use stable for that.
> If you really need bleeding edge try www.backports.org or use unstable.
> Breakage in unstable is fixed much sooner whilst it may take weeks to
> propagate through to testing.
>
> Regards,
> Jeroen
Hi

I appreciate your reply, but, in this case I can assure you the problem
is between the keyboard and the back of my chair.
;)

I find  Marc Haber and co quite on top of packaging versions and
addressing exim problems.

Anyway Andreas Metzler (thanks again) provided me further info / direction.

http://docs.exim.org/current/spec_html/ch10.html

Regards
Brent Clark