On 23/02/11 16:00, Lukas Haase wrote:
Hi,

I currently offer standard LOGIN authentication to my SMTP server using a few standard passwords from /etc/exim/passwd

I use the default code from Debian exim4 config for this:

login_server:
  driver = plaintext
  public_name = LOGIN
  server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
server_condition = "${if crypteq{$auth2}{${extract{1}{:}{${lookup{$auth1}lsearch{CONFDIR/passwd}{$value}{*:*}}}}}{1}{0}}"
  server_set_id = $auth1
  .ifndef AUTH_SERVER_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS
  server_advertise_condition = ${if eq{$tls_cipher}{}{}{*}}
  .endif

Now I want to add support for logging in with the credentials from dovecot:

login_dovecot_authdaemon:
  driver = dovecot
  public_name = PLAIN
  server_socket = /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
  server_set_id = $auth1
  .ifndef AUTH_SERVER_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS
  server_advertise_condition = ${if eq{$tls_cipher}{}{}{*}}
  .endif

When I enable both of them I unfortunately get:

2011-02-23 16:52:09 Exim configuration error:
two server authenticators (login_server and login_dovecot_authdaemon) have the same public name (LOGIN)

However, for the first time I want to enable *both* sources. The first one for people who have already configured their client using the current passwords.

And the second (dovecot) one for when setting up new users.

Is this somehow possible? Either try login_dovecot_authdaemon when login_server fails or the other way round?

I don't think you can do it in Exim directly (well, you could obviously try lookups against multiple passwd type files, by extending the server condition, but that doesn't appear likely to be useful to you).

What you can do, however, is use multiple authentication databases from Dovecot (see http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/MultipleDatabases), that way Exim can use just that as its authentication provider.

(I haven't done this with Dovecot's SASL, but I have with Cyrus).

Regards,
Luke