Hi

>    2011-09-22 10:06:16 1R6eI9-0006ap-A7 ** [1]hannek...@upcmail.nl
>    R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after
>    MAIL FROM:<[2]"nicole...@kerknet.org"@romeinen.ichthusict.org>
>    SIZE=39045: host mx0.upcmail.net [213.46.255.200]: 550 5.1.0
>    <[3]"nicole...@kerknet.org"@romeinen.ichthusict.org> sender rejected
>    Addresses like [4]"nicole...@kerknet.org"@romeinen.ichthusict.org are
>    not
>    allowed, but the problem is: how do I tell exim not to add
>    @romeinen.ichthusict.org to  the "from" field?

Wrong question.

You are sending a mail from "nicole...@kerknet.org".
That is wrong. You need to remove those quotes.

Send mail from <nicole...@kerknet.org> or nicole...@kerknet.org.

Everything placed in quotes is taken as name or localpart...
Therefore, as there is no domain appended to that, exim adds his own.

And yes, there is "submission mode", which I never used, that could probably
correct some of these errors for you.
Yet this is merely a workaround. Go ahead and fix your setup instead.

Regards,
  Steffen