On 2019-05-19 at 16:05 +0200, Arno Thuber via Exim-users wrote:
> From chapter 55 of the Exim documentation I see that Exim delivery drops
> rights which it has as a server but I don't fully understand it - or I
> don't understand Unix access rights. With user Debian-exim member of
> privkey_users why can't it read files with access rights for the group
> privkey_users?

<http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-generic_options_for_transports.html>

  initgroups    Use: transports Type: boolean   Default: false

  If this option is true and the uid for the delivery process is
  provided by the transport, the initgroups() function is called when
  running the transport to ensure that any additional groups associated
  with the uid are set up.

Turn on that _Transport_ option for the transport which needs to read
the key file.

-Phil