On 22/06/2019 9:44 am, Andreas Metzler via Exim-users wrote:
CVE-2019-10149 is not that it is possible to submit a mail that ends
up frozen in the queue. CVE is a remote command execution
vulnerabilty. The fix for CVE-2019-10149 does not remove the
possibility to generate frozen mails in the queue, it stops the remote
command execution.

by any chance, please, would anyone happen to have an acl_smtp_rcpt example that catches these particular exploit attempts — so my queue doesn't fill up with these frozen msgs — /but/ still allows me to have "user+suffix@domain" which I enable via local_part_suffix on a redirect router?

i.e. just rejecting '+' in the local part is too strict, here.

thanks very much indeed.

cheers,
calum.