On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 10:31:48AM +0100, Mike Brudenell via Exim-users wrote:
> I'm guessing this has come about because of the evolution of Exim over the
> years and needing to maintain compatibility with previous
> version's configuration files, which is fine and something long-term users
> understand and accept.

 Such change as automatic casting strings to boolean for conditional
 expressions does not break backword compatibility, IMHO.

 However, look & feel of Exim's API leaves much to be desired...
 I would prefer C/Perl style (without numerous {}), which does not require
 syntax-highlighting editor to be managed even for simple expressions.
 Say, <cond1> || <cond2> instead of or{{<cond1>}{<cond2}}.
--
 Eugene Berdnikov