On 12/12/2020 13:11, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:
I was wondering, do modern smtp/imap/pop connections support compression ?

I've never seen it being offered for SMTP (but I've not been looking
specifically for it).  It was suggested in 2016:

https://sandbox.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-smtp-compress/

- but there was only ever a version 0 of the draft. I assume
that means there wasn't sufficient interest.  Presumably it would
be of most use in bandwidth-constrained - yet with cpu cycles to
spare - environments.   Billions of emails would also require
extra energy to process them.

Exim does not support that draft currently.  Volunteer programming,
testing and maintenance effort would be required.
--
Cheers,
  Jeremy