On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 08:39:43PM +0100, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 04/05/2021 20:10, Victor Ustugov via Exim-users wrote:
> > Why? Many years it was possible to execute queries to different SQLite
> > databases. Why do you want to drop this feathure?
>
> The syntax doesn't fit being able to check for tainted data being used.

 Why? It sounds strange that *syntax* influences such operational details
 as presense of tainting checks.

> We need to invent some new syntax in order to re-enable the
> facility, and nobody has done that yet.

 What's the problem? Write down requirements and somebody will invent. :)

 Let's recall how parameters for LDAP queries are passed:

https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-file_and_database_lookups.html#SECID70
 If this is acceptable, why similar syntax could not be used for SQLite?

 ${lookup sqlite{FILE=/path/to/file <select...>}..}

 But in my opinion, passing file name as option
 ${lookup sqlite,file=/path/to/file {..}..}
 is more pleasant to read.
--
 Eugene Berdnikov