Hello,

        Is it possible with Exim’s Perl integration to create a reference that
will last throughout a message’s delivery and then be reaped?

        I’d like to explore an flock-based lock for mail delivery that would
allow an external process to suspend delivery by holding a lock on a designated
path: if Exim/Perl does flock($fh, LOCK_SH) and fails EAGAIN, then Exim will
defer acceptance of the message.

        When the flock() succeeds, ideally that flock()ed Perl $fh will last
until delivery is done and then be reaped. Is it safe to store that in a Perl
global, then call something else at the end of the routing that deletes/undefs
that global? Or is there some cleaner way to give Exim such a reference and
have Exim hold onto it for me until routing/delivery is over?

        Thank you!

cheers,
-Felipe Gasper