Hello,

 The localhost usually don't have dns. It only have the ip entry in /etc/hosts file which is not resolved by the resolver in /etc/resolv.conf  . I changed  it to  Ip instead of localhost and exim is delivering emails.

if we can setup a reverse look up exclude for host localhost , it will be nice.

 Thank you for your help and support.