On 18/11/2021 10:35, Andrea Biscuola via Exim-users wrote:
One week ago, we upgraded to exim 4.95 and suddenly, some customers (using
microsoft
outlook, nonetheless), started to experience the following error for *some* of
their
e-mails:

           message has lines too long for transport
        Reporting-MTA: dns; web017.shared.host.it

I received some examples of such e-mails from our customers service, and it
appear that
the problem is with some badly formatted headers.

Unfortunately, we can't throw those customers out of the window :-) so we are
searching
how to expand the line limits for the transports.

Warning: you would be sending onward messages that are explicitly
exceeding the limits established by the relevant standards.

Any such might be lost (or worse, cause "unintended actions") on
other systems they traverse after yours.

Are you certain you want to be responsible for that?
You might wish to consult your legal staff.

However, I'm struggling to understand, from the documentation, what the correct
solution
is. From what I was able to understand, we should modify the remote_smtp and
remote_smtp_forward_transport sections to solve the problem, with the
message_linelength_limit
parameter set to something like "4096".

The smtp transport has a relevant option.

Do we need to modify the directadmin templates or can we use one of the
"custom" files
in /etc to achieve the same result?

That is a matter for directadmin and your installation, and is not part of Exim.
--
Cheers,
  Jeremy