On 10/02/2022 10:55, Maarten van Baarsel via Exim-users wrote:
I was surprised by the symlink behaviour so I'm reconsidering the use of
the dovecot plugin, but I still wanted to ask whether this behaviour is
considered OK. I've read the appendfile docs and I could find anything
explicit about symlinks.

The coding probably doesn't consider the possibility of multiple paths
into a single directory, as afforded by the use of symlinks, at all.
I've not checked, though.

"OK" is in the eye of the beholder, naturally.

Handling the case would likely be a feature-addition.  The fastest
fix would be to not traverse symlinks, I suppose.
--
Cheers,
  Jeremy