On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 08:14:41AM +0000, Laura Williamson via Exim-users wrote:
> interface = ${lookup sqlite {SQLITE_Q_USERINTERFACE select ip from interface
> where active='Y' order by random() limit 1}{$value}}
> helo_data = ${lookup
> dnsdb{ptr=$sending_ip_address}{$value}{$primary_hostname}}
>
> Which works perfectly fine, however, if the server we send to has
> greylisting it will try again but every time it will select a new interface
> IP and therefore might get greylisted again (as the IP now is different), is
> there a way around this?

 The counter-question is "Why do you do it?" Probably you want to use
 IP-address randomization as a tool to overcome connectivity problems.
 I don't know other reasons to use rotary IP pools (but they may exist).

 However, if connection was successful and host replies with 4xx status code,
 there is no connectivity problem. Hence IP rotation should be stopped or
 suspended for some reasonable time (~ 30m-2h).
--
 Eugene Berdnikov