On Sun, Feb 5, 2023 at 6:27 PM Mike Tubby via Exim-users <
exim-users@exim.org> wrote:

> The thing is that I have pcre3-dev and the rest of the PCRE2 libraries
> installed (mine you someone will will have to explain why version
> numbers are going backwards) ... ;-)
>
> For upstream, pcre3 doesn't exist.  I was going to say you typo'd it
until  you mentioned the version going backwards.  A quick google turned up
"the stock pcre3-dev package is actually an older build - pcre2 is the
where the current new builds are happening" on a devuan forum.  Try
installing pcre2-dev instead of pcre3-dev