this compiles fine on my FreeBSD 14.0 p6
but I have a failure on an alternate server. I have too many server differences to be able to pin this down. It is to do with my Local/Makefile entries:
<QUOTE>
LOOKUP_MYSQL_INCLUDE=-I/usr/local/include/mysql/mysql.h
LOOKUP_MYSQL_LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient
LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes

# LOOKUP_MYSQL_PC=mariadb
LOOKUP_MYSQL_PC=mysqlclient
</QUOTE>

on the successful 14.0p6, I have compiled mysql 80 from ports

on the failed server, it is 13.3 (altho I had the same issue on 14.1), but on this server, I installed mysql84, not by compiling from ports, but rather installing by "pkg install mysql81".

the exim compile error I get is:

<QUOTE>
 make
/bin/sh scripts/source_checks
../scripts/Configure-Makefile: pkg-config: not found
*** Missing pkg-config for package mysqlclient (for Exim LOOKUP_MYSQL_PC build option)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
</QUOTE>

It is unclear (to me) what exactly the above error message is pointing out?

Did the pkg install routine leave something out that the compile from ports did not ?

Thank you.

Jim