Urgent clarification necessary about Bucharest Yoga congress

Please, all those concerned, we need a clarification and a statement
urgently!

A year ago, the IYF and the European Yoga Alliance had decided that
they will organize their 2008 international congress and the World
Championships of Yoga, in Bucharest, in June 2008. Recently, some very
bitter topics and issues have come up on this discussion group,
concerning ethical issues related to the Romanian Yoga school MISA and
its subsidiary branches throughout the world. As result of these
contradictory talks, one prominent member of the IYF has proclaimed
that MISA and its subsidiaries are excluded from the IYF and the June
congress no longer has the support of the IYF and European Yoga
Alliance.

We have never participated to this debate and have no direct
implication in this issue for now. However we need to answer questions
from our pupils and other people who wish to attend and need to know
if this an official event of IYF or the European Yoga Alliance, or any
other recognized Yoga federation? They wish to know if there will be
held any authorized World Yoga Championships on this occasion, and if
the IYF president Guruma Swamini Dayananda, and the European Yoga
Alliance president Yogacharya Carlos Miguel Perez will be present at
Bucharest to sustain this event?

We have recently received a link to the site of the Romanian event:

http://www.wisdomofyoga2008.net/

and on this site there are displayed the names and the logos of the
IYF and European Yoga Alliance. To clarify this confused situation, we
please ask that Guruma Swamini Dayananda, president of the IYF makes a
clear statement whether the IYF endorses this event, if it will be an
officially recognized event of IYF, if the Yoga Championships will be
considered official championships of the IYF, and if Guruma Swamini
Dayananda will be personally present there?

We also graciously ask that Yogacharya Carlos Miguel Perez also makes
a similar statement and clarifies if the Bucharest event is just a
unilateral initiative of the MISA school or indeed and official event
of the European Yoga Alliance, if the Yoga championships will be
recorded as official, and if Yogacharya Carlos Miguel Perez will be
personally present there?

We thank you with anticipation for clarifying the situation, since
various people ask these questions and we do not know what the
official position of the afore named federations is.

Yours in Yoga,
Swami Vivekananda Saraswati

Exista, ca ti-aduci tu aminte!
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who
are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
Cecilia Tiz (fosta Ghitulescu), fost INSTRUCTOR de YOGA MISA -
acreditat de Y.O.G.A. Ashram Rishikesh- Swami Vivekananda Saraswati,
prima CUTRA bivolara, investita cu titlul MAHACUTRA de catre BUSHIDO
BOTEZATORUL si
acreditata de FORUM MANAGEMENTUL EXMISA