[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>         my usb hp-8200 cd-writer works quite well under LM8    BUT,   when i use a
>kernel i've compiled myself , the device
>         is as usual inizialized during the boot but all burning programs
>(gtoaster,gcombust) didn't detect any device.
>
>        Do i need to make some particular kernel configuration before compile it?
>        Help is appreciated.
>
>     Stefano.

Hi,
if the device is correctly initialized at boot you should see in the
boot-log (run 'dmesg' or 'cat /var/log/boot.msg' or 'cat
/var/log/kern.log') a bunch of lines about that (post the 'dmesg' output
if you aren't sure...).
Have you compiled the USB kernel support (static/modules), and the
USB-storage + SCSI emulation support?
Please, be more verbose: post a 'dmesg' and  '/sbin/lsmod' output.

Hasta luego,

^b

P.S. This is an Italian ml, so if you're Italian (just guessing from
your name...) please
write in Italian, so that everyone can understand!

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com