duncan wrote:

> Quick question.
>
> When I start the server I get a great picture of tux and some blurb
> about my machine.
>
> How can I modify the blurb and the picture of tux?

man linux_logo should have information about modifying what gets
displayed.

> Should I ask what a bogomip is? I'll leave that for another day.

A Bogus MIP.  Linus needed something to figure out how many instructions
per second a machine could do (to customize timing loops), and thus was
born the BogoMIP.  About the only thing they're useful for to a user is
to see if something is wildly misadjusted with your machine.  If you get
300 BogoMIPS, while your friend gets 500 on an exact same chip, you've
got a configuration problem.

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]