Hi,
        I can really use your help on this and hope I have givin you
enough information. I am confused at why it will not when I follow every
thing you are saying to do.

        Well my machine was down all day saturday while I tried every
thing I could think of. Don't worry this machine only tests things so it
did not matter. This is what I have happing.

1. I did a full install clicked on the everything.
2. I did the upgrade on everything on the site.
3. I saw there was alot of other kernel files but they were not on the
upgrade page do I also need them to install?
4. after upgrade I did the following as stated on your page.
        A. cd /lib/modules
        B. ln -sf 2.2.3-1 preffered
                1. the step above failed to do anything at all the link
                   was still for 2.0.36 .
5. I did a rm perferred and then a ln -s 2.2.3-1 preffered now it is
correctly shown to be to 2.2.3-1
6. Then depmod -a it says can't open /lib/modules/2.0.36/modules.dep
7. then modprobe -a *  I am not shure if this did anything? but no fail
message.

8. I found if I did the following then it seemed to work
modprobe -c | grep -v '^path' > /etc/conf.modules

I then changed lil0.conf and did /sbin/lilo  and rebooted. The system came
up under 2.2.3-1 and kde work so I thought I had it made then I tried to
telnet and found that I had many routing tables that should not be there
and I could not fix them

NOTE: I am using an NE2000 or compatable network card. Is this card
supported in this kernel?

MY question is should I also install the follow files I found on your page
at and did you have them installed when you did your upgrade?
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake/updates/kernel2.2/RPMS/
there are 6 other kernel files that are not on the following page
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/kernel2.2-upgrade.html being said to
upgrade to.

Thanks alot for making linux-mandrake I love it.
Bob