Hi!
It's springtime and so I decided to try out something new. Maybe someone
can hint me at some docs/sites/etc about this:
Currently I have three installations here on three different HD's (IDE
only): Linux, WinNt and Win98. I swap the drives using a drive bay.
Now what I want to do is:
build another box from the remains I have laying around, stick those
Windows-ridden drives and an Ethernet card in and run everything from
within Linux only using Samba.
I don't want to use something like VMWare for performance and stability
reasons.
Main problem so far:
How do I boot the new box from within Linux? i.e.: NT's boot screen and
login prompt must be visible/accessible via Linux since NT's box won't
have a keyboard attached. As far as I see this seems to require a somehow
'intelligent' network card with a BIOS that runs independently from the
OS, right? Is there something like this? Or am I completely nuts?
In case you don't know what the hell I am talking about, I will try to be
more explicit in a reply.

Thanks a lot so far

tom

--
"Whoever has any authority over you, no matter how small, will attempt to use
it." (Quigley's Law)