"Paul A. Bernicchi" wrote:

> Hi Steve...

Just create an /etc/rc.d/rc.modules script that contains the commands to
load the sound modules that you want.  It will be run after the
partitions have been mounted.  Be sure that the script is "chmod +x
rc.modules" so that it's executable.

> > > Also, I'm now having trouble with xfstt.  I'm getting an error saying
> > > "cannot find font 'fixed.'"  I double-checked my 'ttfonts' symlink and
> it
> > > does point to /mnt/windows/fonts.
> >
> > Make sure xfstt is running before you try starting X.  If it's not
> > running, you'll get that error.
>
> According to my initscript, xfstt is loading right near the end of my boot
> process, right before I get a login console.  I've even loaded it manually
> in the background (xfstt &) to no avail.  I even went so far as to manually
> rerun the xfstt-config script and re-add my Windows fonts directory.

Check /etc/X11/XF86Config to ensure that it's looking to the right
port/host for the fonts.  Mine reads:

        FontPath   "unix/:7100"

--
Steve Philp