> Everything goes fine until I end selecting the only packages I need. The install
> then aborts "abnormaly", recieving signal 11.

Sig 11 might indicate a hardware problem: bad memory or overclocking?

I had a similar problem, I was catching sig 11s during the package install
(ie, the actual copy from CD ROM to my hard drive).

I solved it by moving my cd rom on to a different IDE cable to my hard
drive.

Later, when I bought a new CDRW, I had to use all 4 IDE connections, and my
Linux partitions melted (corrupted inode tables). I fixed that by  ....
stopping overclocking.

I had thought that upping bus speed from 66 to 75 was trivial, but the HDD
doesn't seem to like it; Windows never had any problem, which I think was
because I wasn't using DMA, but Linux does.

If you're not over clocking, look closely at your memory: take out the simms
one at a time to see if the problem goes away.

Steven