[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > And that's why I ask:
> > ixsoft.de, the German distributor of Mandrake CDs is slow and
> > unreliable. They will not have M6 before the Ides of June and it
> > usually takes them *two* damn weeks to ship. If they don't 'forget'
> > your order, that is...
>
> Well, I will try and answer this mail on behalf of my company ixsoft ;)
>
> Yes, there have been some problems when ordering through our website
> in the past. There were several reasons for this:
> 1. Our old web forms were unreliable and caused emails sent from
> mal-configured clients like M$ Internet Exploder to get lost. This
> has been fixed now.
> 2. There have been hackers around attacking our ISP, so mail orders
> got lost in greater quantities and our website's downtime was higher
> than should have been. We are about to change our ISP.
> 3. There are problems with colored CD-R like blue, green or the new black
> (Kodak) dyes, these CD-R cannot be read from different kinds of CDROM
> drives - this caused us to stop production several times and we finally
> decided to offer the original Mandrake 5.3 CDROM from MandrakeSoft.
> This caused 2-3 weeks delay on many 5.3 orders, but to my knowledge
> all orders have been shipped - there should not have been any "forgotten"
> customer really.
>
> Most unfortunately we did not get a notification when the Mandrake Linux
> 6.0 was released ( I have no idea why since we're on the announce-list ?).
> A customer has mailed us Thursday about the release and we have immediately
> added ML 6.0 to our webshop, but shipping can start first when we have
> either a CD Master or the CDROMs from MandrakeSoft.
> Downloading will take us about 2-3 days given the damn slow and expensive
> Internet lines in Germany, re-mastering and starting production the CD-R
> will take another 2-3 days, so complete with shipping 2 weeks from now
> is a good estimate of the time it takes if you calculate the very slow
> service offered from the German Post Office (will take between 3 and 5 days
> >from us to the customer's home).
>
> What I don't understand about this: if you're unemployed (a rare thing
> given there are 150,000 open jobs in the software industry in Germany -
> even our company cannot acquire any qualified folks around here ;)
> you could easily offer CD-R with Mandrake Linux 6.0 by yourself ---
> this is free software so noone could stop you from doing this and downloading
> would take only 2-3 days - you have plenty of time burning the CD-R I guess ?

If you think it is *fun* being unemployed (at least you think it is fun
to make fun of it...), I have some disappointing news for you: it isn't.

I am not a learned IT Pro and the employment office refuses to pay me
any courses in that direction. Taken the usual heavy costs of such
training, I am stuck.

If you'd have read my post carefully you'd know that I do not have a CD
burner.

Oh, BTW: being unemployed doesn't mean 'having plenty of time'.

I ordered Debian 2.1 some four weeks ago from your company (using
Navigator) and never heard anything since. Anyway I did not mean to
badmouth your company I was just telling from my experiences... When I
ordered M5.2 from your company it took you 2 weeks to deliver despite
your announcements that CDs will be shipped during the next five working
days. And it wasn't the post office that was so slow...

Anyway, this is no topic for this list...

Apologies

tom

--
"Paranoid? I hope so!"
Thomas 'Tom' Berger, [EMAIL PROTECTED] No UCE. No spam. 'nuff said.