On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Olivier DUGEON - FT.CNET/BD/DAC/ARP wrote:

> Hi,
>
> During the install process (When the install process overlapping files)
> i get :
>
> ted exciting abnormally receive signal 11
>
> I try both RedHat 6.0 and Mandrake 6.0. This Box has run successful
> RedHat 5.2, Mandrake 5.2 and Starbuck 5.9.7. I change memory, remove
> some cards, remake partition, without success.
>
> What's Happen. What's have been change in the install process ?

The optimisations are causing problems?  It is kinda difficult to say,
although a fair few people have suffered problems with this.  You could
try modifying the boot disk with an older kernel, although I'm not sure
this is a recommended route.  It would be worth trying installing without
DMA enabled in the hope that would calm your system.

Soz I can't be of more help.

John