Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Sheldon Lee Wen wrote:
>
> > > Won't work - cd /usr/src/linux ; make menuconfig will.
> >
> > Right, If I knew the options that the kernel and modules were build with,
>
> I've attached the .config file to this message. You can also get it from
> the kernel SRPM, if you have the sources.
>
> > but I cannot find the config file for the smp kernel, and the default values
> > don't work.
>
> If you intend to compile your own kernel, you should set the options to
> match your system, anyway - it'll get rid of drivers you won't ever need,
> saving diskspace and speeding some things up.
>
> LLaP
> bero

Thanks. That did the trick. I didn't want to recpmile my kernel without
some sort of starting point. Everytime I just do it from scratch RH blows
up so I didn't want that to happen here.

Cheers.
Sheldon

Sheldon Lee Wen [EMAIL PROTECTED], Nortelnetworks Ottawa Canada
Skyeast CSA
x55800
"Superstition is a word the ignorant use to describe their ignorance."
  -- Sifu.