Mubashir Cheema wrote:

> They say that this is based on RedHat, but I am having
> problems that just weren't there with RedHat 6.0.
>
> The pcmcia image is broken beyond belief.  I posted the
> following message to the list several days ago.  I was
> hoping that the problem would be resolved in a few
> days.  But so far the only solution I ever received was
> an advice to go get a parallel port CDROM for my
> laptops.  I own one, which works under Linux but
> the boot disk doesn't support it.  :(
>
> ---
> I have been trying to install Mandrake 6.0 on a few
> laptops with no luck at all.  Since these laptops are
> thin laptops and dont have CDROMs in them, I have to
> do a network install using the PCMCIA network card.
> When I do this with Redhat 6.0, no problem.  But with
> Mandrake 6.0 the PCMCIA modules fail to load.  It
> recognizes the PCMCIA chipset as i82365 but cardmgr
> cannot chdir to /etc/pcmcia and load the config file.
> I have been trying for several days.  I even downloaded
> the images from various ftp sites, put them on
> different floppies.  Nothing works.  I would appreciateany
> pointers.Thanks.

Hmm. When trying to load the pcmcia modules are you
getting unresolved symbols? What is are the error messages
that you have been getting? I have never used a laptop
so I don't know how much I can help. Although I do know
that there are version mismatches between the kernel
and the kernel source tree. (with the exception of the
non-smp kernel). The pcmcia modules made need to be
rebuilt. Also with RH6.0 you are running the
2.2.5 kernel not the 2.2.9 kernel. I wonder if this
is a bug in the pcmcia code in the 2.2.9 kernel.

Sheldon Lee Wen [EMAIL PROTECTED], Nortelnetworks Ottawa Canada
Skyeast CSA
x55800
"Superstition is a word the ignorant use to describe their ignorance."
  -- Sifu.