Thank for your assistance.
As i wrote to mail list, I found "a" solution
using an old boot.img (mandrake-5.2) to boot
and the new CD to install. It works fine.

 Chmouel Boudjnah wrote my suggesting/asking me to try a
experimental boot.img:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/pub/chmou/boot-1805.img

this evening i will test it.

Bye, Andrea

Bug Hunter wrote:

>   On my computer, the keyboard still worked after this message.  You have
> another problem also.
>
>   Is your cdrom an IDE cdrom? (Does it plug into the hard disk
> controller?)  Is it set for a slave or a master (if it is IDE)?

It's a cheap ATAPI 40x CDrom and i tried changing its position
in all possible modes (hdb, hdc, hdd).