Nichols, Jason wrote:

> I've got an Intel Etherexpress Pro (or compatible) ISA card.  During setup
> linux tried to autodetect the card and it froze.  How can I setup the
> network card after the original setup has already been completed?  I was
> looking at insmod...but that seemed to have hung my system (again).  Any
> ideas?  The mod I tried to install was eepro.o
> Thanks!
> Jason

Hi, Jason,

We have two Linux machines running Mandrake 5.3 with Intel EtherExpress
Pro/100 cards.  We installed these cards after recompiling a 2.2.9
kernel with EEPro100 support, which is actually a default setting in the
kernel config options.  Then we used Network Configurator in the Control
Panel to configure the cards.  Good luck,

Hidong