I just installed and tried Abiword. I am impressed. This is a very good
program. Its small ~3 megs and simple to use, but it works very well. If
you are interested in trying it out here's their web site

http://www.abisource.com/
Their rpm did not work for me, so I used the static tar ball.

I like the fact that it is being developed as open source software.
I think that Abiword would make a really good addition to Mandrake.
I think Mandrake needs an easy to use word processor that is not weighted
down with too many unneeded functions. Corel and Staroffice are nice ,but
have you ever used all the stuff they include? Now that I have found
Abiword I might just delete Staroffice and get ~60 Megs of disk space back.

Try it out and see what you think.