Axalon wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Sheldon Lee Wen wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > If you change the kernel version you have to uninstall VMWare
> > and reinstall it. go to the vmware-distrib directory and
> > do ./install.pl uninstall then reinstall it ./install.pl
> >
> > Sheldon.
> >

> > Patrick Putteman wrote:
> > >
> > > Same constatation here. VMWARE (the new 1.0.01 version released last week
> > > with some fixes for 2.3.* kernels was no sollution either) doesn't work with
> > > 2.2.9-27mdk :o// I'll have to downgrade to either MD5.2 or kernel
> > > 2.2.9-19mdk as I need vmware to run at the office because I have to do some
> > > NT administering but I refuse to use NT as my main OS.
> > >
> > > Pleeeeaaasssseeeeeee ohhh dear Mandrake team, could you find out what
> > > changes might cause vmware not to run. You guys made me discover linux to a
> > > point I don't want to return to NT.....
> > >

> > --
>
>  I don't know if i posted on this or not, but there seems to be a major
> screw up in the 1.0.01's support for 2.2.x, in my testing
>  1.0 works great w/ my 2.2.x's , forget the 2.3.x results currently
>  1.0.01 works good only with the 2.3.x

OK. I'm running 1.0.1? or is it .01? Anyways the latest one I grabbed
last week and I'm running it fine on my box with 2.2.9-19mdk kernel.

Sheldon Lee Wen [EMAIL PROTECTED], Nortelnetworks Ottawa Canada
Skyeast CSA
x55800
"Superstition is a word the ignorant use to describe their ignorance."
  -- Sifu.