I have trouble updating to 6.0. Here are the particulars:

My computer is a Micron Powerdigm Xsu with dual CPUs(Pentium II 300MHz),

Adaptec 2940 UW SCSI controller on which there is a 9G hard disk, an
Iomega Jaz 2G, a Plextor CDROM 32X and aPlexwriter CDR. There is nothing

on the IDEs. The system is currently running RedHat 5.2. Attempts to
install  RH and/or Mandrake 6.0, either from floppy or from CDROM(which
is bootable),
fail very early, before getting to any dialog screens. Here are the last

few lines before the installation freezes:

RAM disk driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 4096K size
PIIX4:  IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 09
PIIX4: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
        ide0: BM-DMA at 0xfcd0-0xfcd7, BIOS settings: hda:pio, hdb:pio
        ide1: BM-DMA at 0xfcd8-0xfcdf, BIOS settings: hdc:pio, hdd:pio
PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on PCI bus 00 device c9, VID=1042,
DID=3020
PCI_IDE: device enabled (Linux)
PCI_IDE: will probe irqs later
        ide2: BM-DMA at 0xfcc0-0xfcc7, BIOS settings: hde:pio, hdf:pio
        ide3: BM-DMA at 0xfcc8-0xfccf

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dan Stefanescu