It seems that every time I try to print an email from Kmail something goes
wrong with the printing.  It appears that the spooler is bing bypassed and the
text is being written to the device causing endless reams of paper with one or
two characters per page to be written if allowed to continue.

This is a problem with Kmail and I have read their bug reports and FAQ and I
only find two mentions of the problem and no answers.

Can anyone tell me how to stop this foolishness and get the text back to the
spooler.

In the past I have have had to reinstall the whole operating system to correct
the problem.

thanks,

Rusty