I posted this a while back. Mabey it will work for you?

I had this problem with my sound card and kde . My sound card is a cs4232
and sndconfig never worked for me. I resolved it by loading the correct
sound modules that I found listed in the documentation listed in
/usr/src/linux-x.x.x/Documentation/sound  (x.x.x is your kernel version) .
   I also commented out all the sound card stuff sndconfig put in
/etc/conf.modules .

 So to load the sound modules at each boot I added this to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

/sbin/insmod ad1848
/sbin/insmod uart401
/sbin/insmod cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0 dma2=1

Just change these settings to mach your sound card

I did'nt see a file about an  AOpen FX-3D sound card but maybe it uses the
same chip set as another card that is listed ?