On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Ty C. Mixon wrote:
> Ok, if we can do anything, why is the support staff at Mandrake told me I can't
> have more than one GUI open at once?
>
> And better, how can I do this.  I LIKE Gui's.  it fits how I think - in
> pictures.
>
> > Not being able to afford the luxury of a superflous (for me) monitor, I don't
> > have any details.

Mandrake Linux doesn't *support* multihead, since it's not part of their
distro. The tech support person you conversed with might not even have known
about multihead. You're talking to tech support after all :-)

As I said, I don't have the luxury of having a multihead monitor, so I can't
give you any configuration scripts or anything However, the X Windows System is
just another set of processes. I have seen two GUI's operating at the same time
with different X consoles, but on the same monitor, that the user could switch
between. With multihead, there's no reason not to have two monitors running two
separate GUI's. I would suggest looking at x.org, xfree86.org, etc.

--
Arandir...