On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Sinful Weeper wrote:

> I just have 2 little questions to set this up correctly
> i seem to have a desktop bigger than my screen, how do i fix this ?
> and i think i didnt configure the size well cuz to my left side, theres a black
> frame

This out to be in a FAQ somewhere (probably is). If all you want to run is one
screen resolution, don't specify any others during X setup. If you do, then
make sure that the order of resolutions in XF86Config is from largest to
smallest. Also comment out any lines refering to virtual desktops.

As to your picture not being centered, you could either use the monitor
controls (preferable if everything else is fine), or use "xvidtune" (warning!
read the instructions carefully first)

 --
Arandir...