Ok Here it is.

   I recompiled my Kernel. Had some problems at first. It hung on Finding
Module dependencies..

So I did a ctrl-c and got it to boot.

The I run depmod -a reboot

I got abunch of Symlink errors. So I decided to run a make clean and make
mrproper and re-do the kernel again.

Now this time When I boot it just gets to
Running Linux.......................

Then never passes that. So I boot into the Old Kernel and it fails on
to Re-install the Entire OS. No big deal it was not configured yet. Here is
my problem. By default it has the PPP as a module. I need it to load at boot
up. Is there a way I can add this to the conf.modules to do so. Also I need
it to use the apm function of the new 2.2.9 kernel. Instead of attempting to
Re-compile again. Can I add that somehow. Is there a program that will allow
me to change some of the Kernel parameters.

Please allow me to know. But If I do need to recompile should I do it in the
/usr/src/linux Directory or the /usr/src/linux-2.2.9 directory. I believe
the /linux one is a linked one because it shows up as linux@

Please let me know. And should I blow away the /lib/modules directory before
I compile so it will load it correctly.

Sorry for the Long Winded message I just wanted to explain myself.

James J. Capone

Webmaster: http://linuxuser.8m.com
Asst. Webmaster http://www.ptm.com
Co-Author: Linux for Newbies
"Even Common People can attain uncommon results!"