What I was asking, is if it works as supplied in Mandrake 6.0, or if I need to
go further. Can I assume from your post that it does work out of the "box"?

Basically, mkraid aborts with no helpful info. I have read lots of howtos and
other info on the web, but am having problems determining what goes with what,
and a search on the mandrake site for raid turns up nothing.

Using an older version of raidtools, I was able to get md0 greated and added
(mkraid, mdadd?) but  the docs with that version said I needed to then mdrun
and there was no mdrun supplied, nor could I find one.

Basically, what should work? I don't mind poking around some more if I know it
should work.

Thanks for the offer.

drew