"Steven W. Laird" wrote:

> If you are using Linux-Madrake 6.0 do either of the following:
> 1.   Go to "K" , System, Desktop Switching Tool or
> 2.   From a term window type "switchdesk"

There's a buglet in Mandrake concerning this.

The 'kdmconfig' application may be used to edit the windowmanager menu
in kdm. It changes the order of that little drop-down menu.

kdmconfig directly alters the 'SessionTypes' line in
/usr/share/config/kdmrc.

However at boot time the /usr/sbin/fndSession script rebuilds the
SessionTypes line and you lose your preference.

I had to disable fndSession (within rc.sysinit) to avoid this behaviour.