Timothy Litwiller wrote:

> I have mandrake 6.0 on a server with a 2.1g drive and a 6.3g drive the
> other ide cable has a cdrom and cd-rw on it. I need more disk space
> badly so I want to upgrade the first hard drive .
>
> What is the most painless way to do this?

You might want to check a utility from PowerQuest called Drive Image.
It can
duplicate a drive sector by sector.  I have used it for DOS/Win stuff
but
think it will work for Linux too.  You run it from a floppy and create a
compressed image on the second drive.  Pull out the first drive, install
the
larger one and restore the image to the new drive.
Another program from them called Drive Copy does a similar thing but you
have both the old and the new drive installed and copy from the old to
the
new one.
Hopefully someone else here can verify that these programs work with
Linux.

Brian