Brett Jones wrote:

> I currently have this problem and have come across no fixes. I've tried the
> tips in the pcmcia how-to with zero results, and I've tried running the
> latest 2.2.10 kernel packages from the cooker dist. I'm just running the
> 2.2.9-19 kernel and living with the umount trouble. Maybe one of the Mandrake
> soft people have some pointers

Brett. I don't know if this has been mentitoned or if you need it, but after
upgrading the initscripts package I still had unmount problems. What I found
that worked was NOT starting any NFS services. If I leave NFS out I don't
get an unmount problem when I shutdown.

Hope this helps and that you don't need nfs. :)