MI/X is an X11R5 X windows server.  It lacks a lot of features.  I
suppose you could get the source code to KDE and make it work with an
earlier X window client.

  I use vmware, running linux in a virtual box, and then use its xwindow
server in full screen mode.  this requires at least a 400mhz PII in my
opinion.

bug