Greetings all,

I have just installed Mandrake on a machine that will act as an NFS server.
 I have correctly configured /etc/exports for the two file systems I want
shared to the network.

/fs1 host_to_mount(rw,no_root_squash,insecure)
another_host_to_mount(rw,no_root_squash,insecure)
/fs1 host_to_mount(rw,no_root_squash,insecure)
another_host_to_mount(rw,no_root_squash,insecure)

However I can not mount the file systems to a Solaris 2.6 Sparcstation.  I
get an RPC failure on the Sparc and the /var/log/messages on the Mandrake
system reports:

"mountd(949): authenticated mount request from host"
"kernel: svc: unknown version (3)"

Additionally, running rpcinfo -p shows only one instance of nfs running on
the Mandrake machine and it is udp.

Why isn't tcp listed and more importantly how can it get it working?

Brett Sondrup
Manager, Information Systems

Information Quest       Phone (760) 431-8400
5838 Edison Place       Fax   (760) 431-8860
Carlsbad, CA  92008     Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]