Tom Berger wrote:

> People don't buy M because it is based on Redhat like ten or twenty other
> distros (else they would buy Redhat, right?) but because it's Mandrake. If
> we've got a new version ready, we release it. I don't see why we should
> wait for RedHat to catch up...

Um... actually, isn't that the reason *most* people buy it? One of its
key selling points has been that it's "RedHat with Pentium
optimizations". Another is that it's "RedHat with newer packages,
because we're not afraid of using the latest stuff" (ref: Mandrake 6.0
had KDE 1.1.1 while RedHat had KDE 1.1-something). Those have been the
key selling points regardless of their accuracy or unofficial status.

Now, I don't want to knock the distribution in general. I think it's
great. The (significant) changes from the actual RedHat distro seem very
worthwhile.

~Mike