hi,
    in my company we have a proxy server  connected to the internet.  The server
will only allow certain ip addresses to go out.  So i set up one linux box to
masquerade giving it an ip address which the proxy server will allow to go out.
When i change the NT client to point to that linux box as a gateway,  i keep
getting acess denied when i try to surf on the nt machine even though its
gateway is pointed to the linux machine.  Surfing on the linux machine works but
not for the masquearded clients.
  any help much appreciated.

sample rc.masquerade:

ipchains -P  forward DENY
ipchaind -A  forward -s 170.38.195.0/255.255.252.0 -j MASQ