On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Sam Gentile wrote:

> What is wwwofle? Is it an application?

(devel@jumpstart)(~)> rpm -qp --queryformat '%{name}\n%{summary}\n\n%{description}\n'
/ftp/pub/mirrors/cooker/contrib/RPMS/wwwoffle-2.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
wwwoffle
WWW Offline Explorer - Caching Web Proxy Server

A proxy HTTP/FTP server for computers with dial-up internet access.
- Caching of pages viewed while connected for review later.
- Browsing of cached pages while not connected, with the ability
  to follow links and mark other pages for download.
- Downloading of specified pages non-interactively.
- Multiple indices of pages stored in cache for easy selection.
- Interactive or command line option to select pages for fetching
  individually or recursively.
- All options controlled using a simple configuration file with a
  web page to edit it.

> Let's keep away from the Microsoft bashing. There's plety of good in both
> operating systems and plenty of bad.

I bashed no one nor nothing. I stated the simple truth, MS tech support
would say "ask your system adminstrator" you say "but, I am the
administrator" They'll say sorry sir but all that should have been covered
in your MSCE.

As for the comment on the software, I didn't specificly mention but one
product and that was blind assumption from you mentioning NT. I am not (as
stated) familiar with it and there for in no way shape or form in a place
to judge it. I simply said if the proxy can't do meanial port redirection
you should look for an alternitive, and suggested it was overpriced
because there are lots of free or near free applications that will.

> Sam

So uh, whats the verdict on the environment variables?