On Sat, 04 Sep 1999, ms wrote:
> Hello all;
>
> Has anyone had any luck in using Mandrake so called 100 days
> installation support for PowerPack? I have had no luck. I have
> registered on their web page with my registration number and received
> the registration confirmation e-mail message. After that I send the
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] an e-mail with my reg number in the subject as
> they suggest, but no result.
>
> I did however send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with my
> problems about tech support and got an one-liner answer:
>
> "Please register on our website"
>
> So I send a reply with the registration confirmation to tell them that I
> have already have registered. I have yet to see a reply to that one.
>
> It looks like the "100 days installation support" is nothing but an
> advertising gimmick at best or false advertisement at worst.

Keep a copy of the messages you sent, as they verify the date that you first
notified them. And when the finally reply, save those as well. Even if it takes
them 101 days to reply, you are still covered.

What I would do is send an email with your *confirmation* message to every
mandrake address, and send it once a day until you get a response.

Don't attribute to wickedness what can be attributed to an overworked and
overwhelmed staff.

--
Arandir...