I am downloading the latest kernel (2.2.12) from kernel.org. I am
putting it on a MDK 6.0 system that has 2.2.9-27mdk on it. When I untar &
bzip it will it won't overwrite the other kernel will it? Will it put it in
/usr/src/linux/2.2.12? When I go to build the kernel I need to go to the
directory with the version of the kernel I want to build to run xconfig and
all don't I not just /usr/src/linux right? Is there a argument I need to
add to put things in the correct place or can I use kpackage? I don't know
much about tar.
Thanks,

Aaron Winters, Electronic Imaging Manager.
Garner Printing, http://camalott.com/~garner
http://camalott.com/~kaw