De: John Aldrich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date: vendredi 10 septembre 1999 11:39
À: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet: Re: [expert] Small System.map problem and answer to the the
mono-liguals

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> The mono-lingual responds , that it was a silly error on the email
address.
> In french , "expert" and "confirme" have the same signification.
>
>       So I rewrite my small problem:
> I caught many problems while recompiling the basic kernel include in the
> Mandrake 6.0 (with the kernel loader) , so I go and get a 2.2.12 Kernel
and
> after recompiling and rebooting my station,
> I had on the screen while loading service "Warnings about a bad version of
> the Kernel in the System.Map" ( Certainly in the  /boot ) .
> Now, my question how to fix it , to not see those warnings ?

Did you copy /usr/src/linux/System.Map to /boot? If not, you need to
do so, as well as editing lilo.conf and re-running /sbin/lilo. You
have to do this whenever you compile a kernel. I'm thinking that you
do NOT need to do this if you just use an RPM of the kernel, that it
should do this for you automatically.