[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello every body !
> I have a PC dual Boot M6.0/Win95 and i corrupted the clock settings of
> Linux...can someone tell me what is to be set in the init files please ?...
> at the moment, every time i log on, the clock gives a wrong  value...I know
> that Win56 write the RTC but can't find the correct programming for Linux...
> ThanX
> Marc

The hwclock command will allow you to set a correct date and time and
apply that to the hardware clock.  You should be able to use something
like:

        hwclock --set --date="9/13/99 08:00:00"
        hwclock --hctosys

to get both the system and hardware clocks adjusted to the correct
value.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator