Axalon Bloodstone wrote:

> Have you seen a press release for 6.1
> Yet? And why not, because it's not ready obviously.

I said "6.1 (Helios) is already released and downloadable
from the mirrors."

Well, I'm sorry, but that seems to be a true statement.  If you doubt
it, look up "released" in your favourite dictionary.

The new 6.1 directory is in addition to the 6.1b directory.

AND, once a thing is assigned a version number and released, it may NOT
be altered.  So when you do the real release you will now have to call
it 6.1-n.   The reason for all this rigorous control derives directly
out of support requirements.

OTOH, release logistics do require that the release must be available
on all the mirrors just before the formal release announcement is made.

--
Ron Stodden